Why You Need To Network With Content Creators At The Virginia Blogger Meetup
I met with some Virginia Bloggers for a Virginia Blogger Meetup at Aromas Cafe in Newport News Virginia, July 2016. The group of Bloggers, Digital Content Creators, Youtubers, and Entrepreneurs all discussed their tips for monetizing their blogs and social media platforms.
We discussed webinars, email list, and workshops as ways to monetize our blogs. Bloggers discussed networking and connecting with other bloggers, vloggers, and content creators. The group touched on both online and offline marketing, to help build our blogging businesses.
Leading this group of Virginia Mommy Bloggers, Virginia Food Bloggers, and Virginia Youtubers, was Naturally Glam of Naturally-Glam.com. Jonna hosted the particular event. It was filled with lots of chatting and discussing our passion for blogging and building our brands. We provided each other tips and hacks for marketing and promoting our content.
We all exchanged blogger business cards and connected online via Instagram and Facebook, through our Virginia Bloggers Facebook group.
NaturallyGlamTV – https://www.youtube.com/user/NaturallyGlamTV
Virginia Bloggers – http://virginiabloggers.com/
Virginia Bloggers Club – http://www.virginiabloggerclub.com/
Blogalicious 2016 ATLANTA Conference – http://www.beblogalicious.com/
- Most of the time, if you’re noticing a lot of people are inquiring about something related to your blog, it may be a sign that you should be the one to provide the answer. Most rants and blogging questions are coming from people who either couldn’t find the answer for themselves or don’t understand the answer someone else provided them. Be a resource and help others out.
- When considering monetizing your blogging platform, consider options that you’re both passionate and knowledgeable about. Don’t sell something just for the sake of making money. You will either hustle hard and then get burned out or your sales/community will fail to grow.
- Even if someone isn’t blogging within the same niche as you, you can still find ways to collaborate and work together. You can learn a lot from people who aren’t in your same lane as well.
- Don’t have any business cards? Create a digital business card that you can send new people via text message, Instagram Direct Message, or Facebook/Twitter DM. You save money and paper. You still get your contact info to the people you want to connect with.
- Making an effort to go out and meet new people through blogging groups and meetups, can lead to new clients, friends, and building your community.
It was important for me to connect with like-minded content creators. I love networking. When it comes to blogging and social media, I’m like a kid in a candy store. Consequently, soaking up new info and sharing my blogging hacks with others.
Opportunities like this, I learn so much about the type of influencer and blogger I’ve become since 2007. I get to see my growth in this space. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed it and look forward to attending more blogging meetups in the future.